News & Blog
Bi-Folding, Sliding and French Doors; making the right choice for your home
With spring almost in the air, it’s natural to want to open up your home and embrace outdoor living.
If you’ve been considering adding Bi-Folding, Sliding or French doors to your home, now’s the time to do it; there’s still time to catch that first alfresco meal or drink of the season!
Bi-folding doors have become the go-to choice for indoor/outdoor living, but it’s worth considering all the options before you decide what’s right for your house. Bi-Folding, Sliding and French Doors all add light and a sense of space, but each have their own benefits and features. Here’s our take on each option;
- Create a contemporary look, internally AND externally
- Allow you to replace an entire wall with glass, with an opening that stretches over 90% of the wall
- Maximise the fresh air and natural light flow in your home
- Maximise the view; our doors are the slimmest available
- The only thing to bear in mind is that when the doors are closed the panes break-up the view slightly
- Are now back in fashion
- Allow you to replace an entire wall with glass
- Maximise the view when the doors are closed. (Sliding doors have less panels than Bi-folds)
- Can have multiple sliding panels; a two panel door with one or both panels sliding, a three panel door on a triple track with two doors sliding behind a fixed panel, a four panel door with panels sliding open from the centre or a four panel door on a quadruple track with doors to sliding flush behind each other.
- On the flip side, part of the view remains behind glass at all times.
These are very different to Bi-Folds and Sliding Doors and are a good choice when:
- You have a traditional house and want to match traditional windows
- You want to let in more light without losing much wall space
- You want a lower-cost option
- The only thing to bear in mind is that French Doors don’t open as wide as Bi-folding or Sliding Doors so the views aren’t as clear or far-reaching
With all this choice, it’s lucky we’re here to make the decision easier! Please pop into our showroom for more information & to see all of the options on display.
Whatever option you’re considering, when you choose CRK you can be confident that:
- We design, manufacture and install all our own doors so our solutions are bespoke to your needs.
- We offer value for money – you’ll be surprised how competitive our products work out.
- All our work comes with a 10-year guarantee